Thank you for joining us and making Thank-a-Teacher Week 2018 a success. We collected and delivered over 2,400 Thank-a-Grams to instructors and teaching assistants and celebrated more than 170 teaching award recipients. Timed to coincide with national Teacher Appreciation Week, this event invited everyone to reflect on their most influential teachers, express their appreciation, and collectively recognize the excellence in teaching that exemplifies the University of Maryland.
Thank a Teacher Week 2019 will happen May 6-10.
Tremendous support from our 25 campus and community partners made the Thank a Teacher Week 2018 a great success, and we are already planning for the next. Join us in saying thank you to the teachers that make the diﬀerence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or ideas of how you can help us say thank you.
Highlights from 2018
2,400+ postcard and virtual Thank-a-Grams for instructors from students
Ice cream giveaways, including samples of our custom flavor “My Favorite Assign-Mint”
Reception for 170 instructors, teaching assistants, and peer mentors that received a teaching-related award or distinction
Selfie contest for students
Free screening of “School of Rock” with prize drawings.
Here are a few highlights from the Thank-a-Teacher week.
Thank You to Our 2018 Partners
We'd like to extend our gratitude to the Office of the Provost and to those who provided prizes or staffing valued at $100 or more:
- Bagels 'n Grind
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burton's Bar and Grill
- The Clarice
- Department of Dining Services
- Department of Transportation Services
- District Taco
- Potomac Pizza
- The Pepsi Foundation
- University of Maryland Golf Course
- University Recreation and Wellness Center
- Vigilante Coffee
Thank you as well to:
- Academy for Excellence in Teaching & Learning
- Adele H. Stamp Student Union
- Alumni Association
- College of Behavioral & Social Sciences
- College of Education
- The Counseling Center
- Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Department of Residential Life
- Division of Information Technology’s Learning Technology Design
- Graduate Student Life
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Sigma Kappa
- Student Entertainment Events
- Student Government Association
- Student Organization Resource Center
- The Maryland Dairy
- University Libraries
We would also like to thank all of the students who volunteer their time to help us collect Thank-a-Grams throughout the week. There will be too many to name individually here, but you know who you are and how much we appreciate your help!